Director of QA FunctionalFeatured Job
Beenox invites you to join its experienced team of video game developers. Each candidate needs to exhibit the following qualities: strong initiative, impeccable ethics and integrity, as well as strong teamwork and communication skills. He must be prepared to join an ambitious team with the following objective: to conquer the world!
Position overview: The Director of Quality Assurance works closely with the Sr. Director of QA, as well as Activision business partners to create, implement, and adhere to best practices in the Quality Assurance Department. The Director of QA Functional is responsible for the overall project planning, budget, initiatives, and staff development. Plans and directs internal and external quality audits and makes recommendations based on those audits for continuous quality improvement and adherence to the appropriate quality standards. The Director of QA Functional also directs the implementation, enhancement and application of the Bug Database, through the direct management of the Database Administration Group. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Sr. Director of QA, the Director of QA Operations and QA Managers to prepare and manage the QA Functional Department budget, as well as monitors the QA budget to be in line or below the annual plan.
- Establishes and communicates performance expectations for and to the QA Functional Department.
- Oversees the headcount and resource planning.
- Ensures that necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve issues that may impede the progress of projects.
- Provides direction at the business unit level; oversees the QA Functional planning process and ensures that clear and consistent goals/vision are communicated across the board.
- Works with the Sr. Director of QA to establish strategic plans and objectives for the QA Functional Department.
- Works in partnership with key project business partners to ensure achievement of key project milestones.
- Partners with key technology business partners to identify and plan for the implementation of new technologies in QA overall.
- Advises subordinates, including training and coaching staff for improved performance, evaluating team performance and recommending promotions.
- Approves and administers the compensation program in partnership with the Sr. Director of QA.
- Originates, implements, and enforces testing policies, procedures and standards for the entire QA Functional Department.
- Analyzes the QA Functional testing environment, necessary hardware and database administration, to perform fundamental QA processes; implements improved and streamlined processes across the QA Functional Department.
- Develop, implement and track key performance indexes for staff members and the department as a whole.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 8 to 10 years QA experience, preferably in the entertainment software development field.
- 3 to 5 years of senior QA management experience.
- Demonstrated skills with QA methodologies, software development lifecycle, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to meet Activision's established deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in the leading and managing of people in a team-based environment.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills; ability to convey complex ideas in a simple fashion.
- Attention to details and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with cross-functional teams at all levels.