Proud to suceed together
Founded in the year 2000, Beenox is a video game developer in Quebec City, Canada. Beenox is proud to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
Known for the development of top titles such as Guitar Hero Smash hits, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and The Amazing Spider-Man, Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders franchise by co-developing Skylanders Swap Force, Skylanders Trap Team, and Skylanders SuperChargers. Now the studio is proud to be involved in the Call of Duty franchise, including the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
At the heart of our success are our talented employees and we take great care of them. Year after year, their expertise and passion allow us to pursue our mission to create memorable games through craftsmanship and innovation.
Beenox is searching for a Technical Artist who has the necessary skills to optimize and monitor the technical aspect of the art work on the Call of Duty franchise. The selected candidate will be expected to act as a subject matter expert for the less technical artists, in addition to contributing directly to the project.
- Assess available technologies and work with artists to make the most of these technologies;
- Integrate 2D / 3D elements;
- Optimize the game based on the console specifications elements;
- Act as a bridge between programmers, artists and designers;
- Contribute to improved workflow through the project;
- Work with engine programmers to allow proper functioning of technology;
- Proactively resolve technical issues related to performance or pipeline;
- Troubleshoot technical bugs identified by testers.Requirements
- 3 years of experience in the video game industry or equivalent;
- Experience with 3D game titles and different consoles;
- Proficiency with 3DSMax and Maya;
- Good knowledge of image processing software like Photoshop;
- Ability to perform scripts (Max script or Python) and to develop tools;
- Good understanding of common problems in the development of a game;
- Strong determination to solve performance problems with consoles;
- Excellent artistry and attention to detail;
- Interest in technical stuff and learning new tools;
- Ability to manage one's own work with minimal supervision;
- Asset: knowledge of C ++, C #;
- Asset: knowledge of a shader language (CG, GLSL, HLSL);
- Passion for video games.
CLICK HERE to apply for this role. Once you click, you will land on the Activision webpage and the job will be listed at the bottom of the page.