Proud to suceed together
Founded in the year 2000, Beenox is a video game developer in Quebec City, Canada. Beenox is proud to be a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
Known for the development of top titles such as Guitar Hero Smash hits, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions and The Amazing Spider-Man, Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders franchise by co-developing Skylanders Swap Force, Skylanders Trap Team, and Skylanders SuperChargers. Now the studio is proud to be involved in the Call of Duty franchise, including the development of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
At the heart of our success are our talented employees and we take great care of them. Year after year, their expertise and passion allow us to pursue our mission to create memorable games through craftsmanship and innovation.
At Beenox, a Lead has to contribute on more than one level. As the hierarchy is limited to a minimum, he/she acts as a facilitator at the operational, human and technical levels. Much more than a content expert, he/she has to assist his employees and support them through their whole lifecycle at Beenox. He/She needs leadership skills to bring out the best of his team and to create the AAA material required for the Call of Duty® franchise.
Job Description :
• Makes sure the deliverables are executed according to the production plan and the artistic direction;
• Validates that production pipelines are optimal;
• Clarifies technical questions and addresses problems that could slow down production;
• Supports communication between the production team, various departments and his team;
• Takes part in the project planning sessions and in the priority setting;
• Makes sure that his team receives all the training required to work effectively;
• Meets all of his team members individually on a weekly basis;
• Takes part in the recruitment and selection of his team members;
• Evaluates his team and produces performance reviews;
• Approves schedules and timesheets.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience as 3D Artist;
• At least 3 AAA projects completed;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Good understanding of video games' technical constraints;
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya and 3DMax;
• Very good work organisation skills;
• Ability to manage several projects at the same time and to delegate.
CLICK HERE to apply for this role. Once you click, you will land on the Activision webpage and the job will be listed at the bottom of the page.