Community ManagerFeatured Job
Proud to suceed together
Beenox is a video game developer founded in 2000. Established in Quebec City (Canada), Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc, one of the world's top game developer. Beenox attributes its success to its talented team, whom it takes great care of. We have many console game projects to our credit like Bee Movie Game, Monsters vs Aliens, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions, Spider-Man Edge of time and The Amazing Spider-Man. In 2013, the team contributed to the success of the huge Skylanders franchise while co-developing on Skylanders Swap Force. The following year, Beenox created The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and co-developed on Skylanders Trap Team. Our passionate team continues to fulfill its mission of creating memorable games through craftsmanship and innovation.
As Community Manager, you will support the Design and Production teams through our community management strategy. You will come up with recommendations and submit new initiatives that will improve the visibility of the game developed within our studio. You will also be responsible to execute this strategy and these initiatives. Your objective is to increase the visibility of the game, the online player involvement and the hype around the game within the community.
This is a temporary role from January 2015 until December 2015 inclusive.
Define the community management strategy
- Act as a subject matter expert with the Producer and the Design team. Submit a structured plan upstream from the production calendar. Build the community management timetable;
- Define content for each of the initiatives that will be deployed. Validate this same content with key stakeholders;
- Identify the necessary tools to execute this strategy.
Execute the community management strategy
- Execute the community management strategy built upstream;
- Deploy the different initiatives on the right communication channels. Recommend channels when needed;
- Use social media, forums, blogs and digital distribution websites in order to raise awareness about the game; Develop content in collaboration with the design team and broadcast this content.
Initiatives and community watch
- Lead initiatives in different forms: competitions, surveys, etc. Use your imagination and your knowledge of the community to come up with new and fresh ideas;
- Maintain conversation with players and identify opinion leaders;
- Identify trends related to the game and communicate relevant information to the development team;
- Regularly report the results of each initiative you delivered to the Producer and to the head office.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in community management and/or social marketing and/or blogging;
- True passion for video games;
- University or college degree related to video games, marketing or communication;
- Advanced knowledge about the different platforms: social media, blogs and digital distribution websites;
- Natural talent for communication;
- Capacity to mingle easily within a new group and to build strong rapport;
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of French language, both written and spoken.
- Theoretical knowledge of the different game styles;
- Knowledge of foreign languages.
CLICK HERE to apply for this role. Once you click, you will land on the Activision webpage and the job will be listed at the bottom of the page.